This is an awesome post. I am always taking to clients about neural pathways. This explains things really well. It is quite a long post so I have taken the take home message out for you…
Following these tips may help you keep your mind active and alert by protecting and strengthening your synapses:
- Reduce stress: Make time for leisure activities. Learn relaxation techniques such as meditation. Cut down on unnecessary responsibilities and avoid over-scheduling.
- Stimulate your brain: Avoid routine. Enjoy new sensory experiences. Challenge your mind and body with new situations.
- Exercise: A brisk walk or other cardiovascular workout oxygenates the brain and promotes brain growth factors.
- Challenge your mind: Tackle puzzles, games and demanding intellectual tasks. Make an effort to learn new information through classes or reading
- Stay healthy: Eat a nutritious diet, get adequate sleep, avoid smoking, and if you use alcohol, drink in moderation.
Belvoir Media Group, LLC.